Glycolic peels are a type of chemical peel that utilize glycolic acid, a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), to exfoliate the skin.
1. Exfoliation: Glycolic peels help to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores, which can prevent the formation of acne lesions. By promoting cell turnover, glycolic peels can help keep the skin clear and reduce the occurrence of breakouts.
2. Reduction of acne scars: Glycolic peels can help fade acne scars or hyperpigmentation caused by previous breakouts. The exfoliation and skin rejuvenation properties of the peel can help improve the texture and appearance of acne scars over time.
3. Oil control: Glycolic acid has the ability to regulate sebum production, which is the oily substance that can contribute to acne. By reducing excess oil on the skin's surface, glycolic peels can help minimize the occurrence of acne.
4. Anti-inflammatory effects: Glycolic acid has anti-inflammatory properties that can help calm redness and inflammation associated with acne. This can lead to a reduction in the size and severity of active acne lesions.
1. Smoother texture: Glycolic peels exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells and promoting cell turnover. This can result in a smoother, more even texture, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and rough patches.
2. Improved skin tone: Glycolic acid can help fade hyperpigmentation, such as age spots, sunspots, and melasma. By lightening these dark spots, the peel can help achieve a more even skin tone and a brighter complexion.
3. Increased collagen production: Glycolic acid stimulates collagen production in the skin. Collagen is a protein that gives the skin its structure and elasticity. By boosting collagen production, glycolic peels can help improve skin firmness and reduce the signs of aging, such as sagging and loss of elasticity.
4. Enhanced absorption of skincare products: The exfoliating properties of glycolic peels can remove the top layer of dead skin cells, allowing skincare products to penetrate more effectively. This means that moisturizers, serums, and other skincare treatments can be better absorbed by the skin, maximizing their effectiveness.
It's important to note that the benefits of glycolic peels may vary depending on the individual.
If you've never had a peel, we recommended you first book a consultation/test patch to to determine if glycolic peels are suitable for your specific skin concerns and to receive personalized treatment recommendations.
Please purchase your treatment/s. We will then contact you to arrange the appointment.
top of page
bottom of page